Thursday, August 27, 2009

みなさんこんにちは(mi na san kon ni chi wa)

Hi everyone, I am Tian Ren from Shanghai, China. I normally go by Tia. I live in Pasquerilla East Hall. I haven't decided about my major yet, maybe one in business program and something else.

I decided to learn Japanese basically because of two reasons. One is the Tokyo program for study abroad, the other is my aunt's family in Fukuoka, a city in Japan. My aunt and uncle have been in Japan for over ten years and have two daughters. Their younger daughter is currently in an elementary school there. The elder daughter who is one year older than me studies in a Chinese university. Therefore, you might think I must really familiar with Japanese and Japanese culture. BUT!! The truth is: I've never been to Japan and actually know little about Japan!! Seriously!! When my cousin want to hide her little secrets from me, she speaks Japanese!! This freaks me out!! That's why I must learn Japanese here!

I have watched a lot of Japanese drama and cartoons since my junior high school (with Chinese subtitles of course!!) As a Chinese student speaking Mandarin, I am familiar with the Kanji in Japanese, but Kanji characters have different pronouciation and somtimes its meaning has changed a lot as time goes by.

So there is a long way to go for everyone la~
よくがんばってね yokugannbattene



REN



9 comments:

  1. Have you been accepted into the Tokyo progrsm or is it simply that you want to study in Japan in the future? It would be cool if you were going to Japan as I would finally know someone else who is going next semester. If not well, I think the Tokyo program is great and should be a life altering experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to study abroad in Japan as well. I've actually been to Shanghai, just this summer. I absolutely loved it! It's the one place I would absolutely have to visit again f I ever went back to China.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so cool you have family in Japan, so if you were to go there you'd have somebody to stay with and show you around. :D I hope I can go to Japan someday, too, either by studying abroad or going on vacation with my family one day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. I love Japanese cartoons as well. Do you by any chance read Naruto or OnePiece? It will be cool if you do. I'm also goona major in Business (although I might change). Hope to have a great year in Japanese and Evolution and Society class this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you by any chance read Naruto and Onepiece? It will be cool if you do. I also really like to read Japanese cartoons. I hope you could go to Japan study abroad program and hope a great freshman year in ND

    ReplyDelete
  6. To Roberto: I haven't sent the application yet. Sorry I cannot go with you. I don't know I should study abroad in Junior year or Sophomore year. I need advice!

    To Angela: I am glad you had some great time in Shanghai. I have been in Shanghai for over 18 years. I love this city so much!! Tell me if you plan to visit it again!(I will take you to some special places hidden in the city!!)

    To Tanya: Yeah I know how great it would be with my cousin's family in Japan. I am really looking forward to the Tokyo program!! I guess most students in our class have study abroad plans in Japan. Hope to go with you in the future!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, what cartoon do you watch from Japan? Do you by any chance read Onepiece or Naruto? I love them. Hope you would be able to go to Japan study abroad program. and Hope you major in Business wth me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yeah definitely agree about knowing someone there! my roommate is from japan- i went and visited him and it was awesome b/c we got to see a side of the country tourists don't really have a chance to. does your cousin know you're learning japanese?!? it'd be pretty funny if you surprised her with a few phrases haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. I choose my sophmore year because i want to go to law school and you usually take the lsat at the end of your sophmore year. Most people I think do study abroad during their junior year. I think its whatever is most convenient for you.

    ReplyDelete

 
template by suckmylolly.com