Sunday, September 20, 2009

about DEPARTURES

As this blog is about Japanese, I hope I can record everything related to Japanese in this blog. Maybe many years later when I read this blog again, I would laugh at these posts full of stupid grammar mistakes and recall all the unforgettable memory in my journey of learning this language.
(But still, I found my English too poor to express myself. It's hard to be trilingual at the age of 19.)

さんじに DPACに いきます。
I brought a friend with me today to watch the movie. When I was buying the ticket I met a upperclassman and he offered free movie tickets to me. (Wow, it's from Japanese club!)
I was a little bit surprised to see so many people in DPAC.

My friend and I are probably the only two people cried a lot during the whole movie. As a Chinese I deeply understand how important the departures are. My grandmother left me 20 days before I came to Notre Dame. It was really a tough time for me. It was even tougher to help my parents organize the funeral in the following days. (I don't think it's common to prepare the body in the person's home, neither in China nor in Japan, Hanabusa せんせい might know better than me about this tradition in Japan) It should be a respectful occupation if the person treat the dead body softly and kindly, it is "The gift of the last memories".

Is anybody else would like to share their words about this movie?

PS the music of the movie is by Joe Hisaishi 久石让.

5 comments:

  1. Oh. That sushi. I remember. Have you been to toyo Grill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha!! I didnt know you will be watching!! we could have went together:D

    YESS!! いっしょに べんきょします!!but i need the food at lafun!! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed the movie too; I was fighting tears the whole time. The music was so pretty, and it was all really well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. レンさんは「おくりびと(departures)」のえいがが すきですか? よかったです! I am glad you like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. にちようび に えいが を みません でした から べんきょうして しゅくだい を しました。  :(  でも レンさん の ブローグ の えいが の うた が だいすき です!  The music is so beautiful. <3 I'll just watch the movie online some other time. x)

    ReplyDelete

 
template by suckmylolly.com